5/16/11

The Unfortunate Style of College

Day 11 - A picture of something you hate

Yes I realize this is on the same day as post 10, but I needed to catch up on a day! So here is a picture of something that I cannot stand.... studying/paper writing in school. Yes I know this is the normal routine of a college student, but let me elaborate. In past semesters I greatly enjoyed looking into pieces of literature and elaborating my thoughts into papers. I enjoyed reading novels and short stories.... but not this past semester. After all the work load that my professors heaped upon me, without the attempt to help or discuss the material in or out of class, made me detest writing papers.
So I suppose what I am saying is I hate homework that has no guidelines. I despise professors who assign you a paper with multiple topics to choose from, yet none of them have been discussed in class. In fact, the text has not even been discussed in class, even though we had been "reading" it for three weeks. At my school, Ashland, I have never had a more frustrating semester. Generally, my professors in past years were more than willing to help and they provided the class with specific guidelines and instructions.
Here's what  I hate : meaningless assignments. If you are a professor, use your syllabus. Allow your students to approach you for help, and know what you are talking about. We are supposed to be learning from you, not teaching ourselves. That we can do on our own time.

No comments:

Post a Comment