1/12/12

Florida Prep

In one weeks time I will begin embarking on a journey of a lifetime. My entire career in education has led me to this point, the point of student teaching. For over a year I have been planning to leave the state of Ohio to accomplish this task, and through the growth of my character and the opportunities at my university, that dream is coming true! In only 7 days I will be leaving for the state of Florida to teach in the Celebration district. 
The idea of being a senior in my final semester of college is beyond surreal. It is hard for me to grasp the fact that in one week I am leaving for a place that could become my future employer. It is hard for me to understand that all of the work we have put in to countless papers, working on updating resumes, and playing secretary to mentor teachers in past experiences has finally come to the end. Everything has added up to this! Although there are a few loose ends to tie up here in Ohio, I am slowly beginning to embrace the endless possibilities of my future that await. And to think it shall all play out before May of this year. 
So with that now comes the answers to all of the questions. I will be traveling to Florida and staying with a host family from January 20 until March 3. We have been in contact and I could not be more excited to meet them. The last part of my student teaching will be done back near the university. Now comes the answer to the main question I've been asked : Do you hope to get a job in Florida? The answer is complicated. In many ways, yes I would absolutely love to teach down South as a part of my career. The area of Celebration is wonderful and many students have gotten teaching positions there, and they love every minute of it. The difficult part is leaving my friends and family from up North behind. It would be difficult, but the closer this experience gets, the more I feel a strong connection and pull from the South. 
But for now these are all future worries, and the answers will come soon enough along with gowns and tassels and diplomas. Until then I cannot wait to begin this journey. Follow me here to learn all about my experience, or I will have another blog later on provided by the university to follow as well. Student teaching 2012, final semester of Senior year, let's make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment