6/29/11

RLCC, Wait What? Not RLCA?

This week is incredibly busy for me, but I'm loving every minute of it! Not only am I working this week at my University, but I am also a dorm mom at my childhood camp. For years I traveled with my parents to this camp, and eventually became a camper. Whenever I worked as "faculty" it was washing dishes in the kitchen for the majority of the day, but this year it feels like I received a promotion! Now I am a dorm mom.

I never realized what a difference there was between high school students and where I am now. In reality I have only been graduated for three years, and one would think that in those three years, a person could change, but not so drastically. I listen to my girls talk and it makes me realize how different I am after three years of college. Especially in seeing the youth ministers interact with their youth groups. They are blocking hallways, singing loudly past lights out, pushing the faculty to see how far they can go. It makes me step back and thank this crazy college experience. Thank you for letting me grow up a little.

On the plus side, being back at camp after 1 year of not setting foot there is such a relief. It was always my favorite "mini-vacation" and I always looked forward to camp. You know that place? That place where you love to visit year after year and it always makes you feel slightly nostalgic? Yeah, that is camp for me. And to think after all these years I get to help in a dorm instead of the kitchen! It may not seem like much, but it just shows how things can go full circle. My mom used to be in the dorms, I grew up in the camp as a camper, and now I'm in the dorms. Wow :) Got to love Round Lake Christian Assembly (RLCA) ... despite the whole name change to RLCC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment