9/24/11

A Week of Love

This week marked the week of recruitment here at Ashland University. It was a week packed full of planning, talking, emotional rollercoasters, but most importantly; love. Seeing girls from across campus come to join in Greek life filled me with excitement and joy. I remember the feeling of wonder, anxiety, nerves, and happiness all bundled into one during recruitment week. This year was different, this year I was on the other side looking in on a process that was thrilling. 

Seeing the other side reminded me why I love Alpha Phi. Standing with my sisters and singing whilst looking into their eyes brought back the memories of all my sisters have done for me. Being there on late nights to help me write papers, being my home away from home, but most importantly, being my support system when it seemed I had no one else.

Tomorrow marks a new chapter in Alpha Phi. Tomorrow we welcome new and phi-nominal women into our chapter. They will be filled with excitement, but what they do not realize is how excited we are. Having the opportunity to embrace them as family, and being able to share all new memories with them... well in one word: Priceless <3

Growing Stronger with Time like the Ivy that Twines.
AOE sisters <3

No comments:

Post a Comment